The X828 is a stackable 2.5″ SATA HDD cluster expansion board focused on providing a bigger storage solution for your Raspberry Pi B/2B/3B/3B+/4B. The board is a great way to give a desktop look, as you can connect multiple external hard drivers without having them “hanging” from the USB ports of your SBC.
Knowing that our users might need more USB entrances, we added to extra USB 3.1 Gen1 ports to the X828, so the user can connect keyboards, USB sticks or even other external HDDs.
If you are looking for building a Media Center or even a Network-attached storage (NAS), the X828 will be a good choice for you. You will be able to separate one hard disk only for operating system and the rest for media, games…etc.
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi – Stackable 2.5″ SATA HDD/SSD Shield
- Supports one or multiple 2.5 SATA HDDs/SSDs working at the same time(depending on the number of X828 boards you stack)
- Supports up to 4TB 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD) / solid-state drive (SSD)
- Provides additional 3 USB3.1 Gen1 ports for Raspberry Pi,and integrated USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller
- Function to power the RPI via XH2.54 only needing a single power supply
- Function to power the stackable X828 via USB3 Male-to-male cable only needing a single power supply
- Quick file transfer with high-speed USB3.1 5Gb/s connectivity from a PC or a Mac
- Specially-made ultra short USB3.1 cable to connect with Raspberry Pi and stackable X828 boards
- LED blue indicator indicates drive status
- Fully compatible with X735 for intelligent power management and cooling your Raspberry Pi
- Fully compatible with X710 for wide input voltage (6~36V) and intelligent safe power management
- Fully compatible with X765 for powering over Ethernet (POE, 5V 4A)
- Fully compatible with X705, X725 for uninterruptible power supply (18650 UPS, 5.1V 8A)
- PCB Size 107.5mm x 85mm
- Power supply: AC 100 – 240V input 50 / 60Hz, 5V DC 4A output
- DC Power Plug Size : 5.5*2.5mm
- Important Note: Please use high quality DC 5V 4A power supply, the best choice is to buy the DC 5V 4A power supply that Geekworm provided. If you get low quality power supply to use, it may probably will damage your 2.5 inch HDD/SSD. And it is recommended to use a power supply for every 3pcs X828 boards.
- X828 HDD/SSD expansion board x 1
- USB 3.0 A Male to A-Male Data cable x 1
- 2-Pin Power Connection Wire x 1
- Power daughter board x 1
- Mounting Screws Pack x 1